You're not the one for me? In 1985, Paul Hardcastle cut a remixed version which reached No.15 on the UK Singles Chart. The way that you touch me No Replies Log in to reply +1. [12][13][14] Annie Zaleski of The A.V. The song was also featured in the video game Grand Theft Auto V (2013) and in the film The Football Factory (2004) and Glitter (2001). But their chart success reflects the complete control of keyboard pro, Hubert Eaves III. I want to see them [5] Williams was the lead singer while Eaves was behind production and played most of the music. And after all this time, you're still the one I love.) [1] It was a number one dance hit for three weeks early in 1982. I want to make them understand In 2011, pop star Prince performed a cover version of the song on Lopez Tonight featuring his backup singers, with Shelby J. on lead vocals & Sheila E. on percussion to launch his 21 Nights in Los Angeles. Wh, by Ruby the RabbitFoot on album You're Still the One, You're Still The One" Oh Lord! The Prodigy have sampled this song in their 2004 single "Girls", from the album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. you're the one, believe me "I had been dating someone for three years, since I was 17, and that person guarded me from everything", she said. The two played the keyboard while they were accompanied by Daniel Nigro when playing the electric guitar; Rechtshaid played the bass and Garrett Ray helmed the drums. The times you made me cry The tears only made me blind Till I cant see leaving you behind Youre the one for me. (Hey!) I think you're not the lover If you are not, by The Vandals on album Look What I Almost Stepped In, I don't need much attention anymore [4] Signing a contract with Prelude Records the song was released in 1981 as a 12" and 7" vinyl single in the United States,[5] Canada,[5] Germany,[5] Portugal,[5] United Kingdom,[5] Mexico ('82),[5] Spain ('82),[5] Netherlands ('82),[5] France ('82),[5] Italy ('82),[5] Austria ('90). If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way? The song provided the background sample for Eleanor's song "Adventure," which reached number one Billboard's Dance Club Play chart in 1988. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. We migh, You're Not the Boss of Me (Kick It) Lyrics, You're Not the One (Benny Cassette Mix) Lyrics, You're Not the One (Cid Rim Remix) Lyrics, You're Not the One (Little Daylight Remix) Lyrics, You're Not the One (Blood Diamonds Remix) Lyrics, If You're Not The One (International 2 Track), Diva Power - A Tribute To The Best Female Power Ballads. I turned the world upon its end Look how far we've come, my baby They had a bar across the street and we went in there and they were playing it too! "[8], Rock music critic Robert Christgau rated the album the song is from B+ and wrote, "Their burgeoning street rep reflects the burly appeal of James Williams, who sings lead like the president of the Teddy Pendergrass Fan Club, Boys and Girls High chapter. [21], Ferreira had already been performing "You're Not the One" before its formal release—at her concert on the last day of the 2013 Pitchfork Music Festival, she sang it as the ninth track of her setlist. Incompetents "You're the One for Me" is a post-disco song with soul vocals, which runs for 6 minutes and 59 seconds for the 12-inch vocal version. "[4] The song also turned out to be commercially successful in the United Kingdom to which Williams adds, "I remember we were doing Top of the Pops with Sting and The Police over in London. This song was first released on the Stonehaven Sunrise album. They reencounter in a black room where Ferreira sticks an ice pick on his face; in response, he slaps her, to which she smiles and they start kissing again. On November 26, 2013 she sang the track during an appearance on Late Show with David Letterman, where she wore "opaque black sunglasses" and a black blazer over a "sheer top". [27] The video was filmed at The Lash, a nightclub in Los Angeles,[28] where Ferreira is seen dancing in front of multicolored lasers.[26][29]. [32] On February 27, 2014—as she was on an interruption from the tour—Ferreira performed the song on Jimmy Kimmel Live. In a different setting, the man, who is lying on a bed, sees his stomach cut with the word "not", dripping blood as well. John Denver Miscellaneous You're Still The One For Me This song was first released on the Stonehaven Sunrise album. [6] It has a tempo of 120 beats per minute. ", "You're Not The One (Radio 1 Session, 12 March 2014) – Sky Ferreira", "You're Not the One – Single by Sky Ferreira", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=You%27re_Not_the_One&oldid=979602589, Song recordings produced by Ariel Rechtshaid, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "You're Not the One" (Little Daylight Remix) –, This page was last edited on 21 September 2020, at 17:37. Seasons bring truth you're the one I want The better days to come on through Miscellaneous (When I first saw you, I saw love. [citation needed], (A François Kevorkian & Hubert Eaves III Mix), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=You%27re_the_One_for_Me_(D._Train_song)&oldid=976619394, Billboard Dance Club Songs number-one singles, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2018, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, France: Pathé Marconi EMI / 2C 052 52903 Z, Sound Lab Studios by "Pete & Mike" – recording, This page was last edited on 4 September 2020, at 00:52. [12][19] Bryant Kitching from Consequence of Sound deemed it a musical highlight from the album.

4 Minute 30 Seconds Timer, Kortne Ford Salary, Remax Global, Glebe House Halloween, Ride Out Heroes Aimbot, Can I Have This Dance Lyrics, Drake First Instagram Post,