Christopher was a well-built man who came about a hermit who guided travelers to safe points to cross a dangerous river. Pray for me, that I may be as devoted to Christ as you were. The officials there tried to force him to offer pagan sacrifices, but he refused. Get Novena prayers delivered to your inbox! Shelter those, dear Lord, who bear my company, from the evils of fire and all calamity. “Protection” Prayer. St. Christopher, legend says that you were inspired to travel and preach the Gospel after your encounter with the Christ Child. Protect all of us that travel both near and far and petition Jesus to be with us always. Please persevere in bringing my petitions before God! Christopher found a band of thieves whose leader called himself the devil. Apart from this, little is known for certain about St. Christopher, but there is legendary information about him that has been passed down over the years. Jesus Christ Wallpaper sized images – Pic set 13, Jesus Christ Animated Wallpapers – Jesus GIF Images, Albhuthangal Theernnittilla – Malayalam Devotional Song. Finally, he was beheaded. St. Christopher, legend says that you once carried a small Child across the dangerous river. You gave up your life, for the love of God. You traveled to Asia Minor to preach the Gospel, even though Christians were being martyred there. This river was deep and dangerous, and many travelers had drowned in the past while trying to cross it. But you discovered the error of your ways and turned to wholehearted service of God.

Our Lady of Lourdes Prayer Request Please continue to bring my petitions before God Whom you served so zealously! Advertising Disclosure: Some pages on this site or in our emails may contain advertisements or affiliate links for which we are compensated. Prayer to Saint Christopher. Help us to imitate the virtue he showed in casting off the works of evil and turning to serving You. I am praying for the safe travels of my daughter Mica and her companions in Europe. Let me face my troubles today – the big and the small – with a happy heart filled with Your unending love. O Glorious St. Christopher you have inherited a beautiful name, Christbearer, as a result of the wonderful legend that while carrying people across a raging stream you also carried the Child Jesus. So the hermit told him to think of another way to serve God. Amen. Pray that I may never miss an opportunity to assist others for the love of God. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! As he carried the Child across, the water rose and the Child became extremely heavy.

Dear Saint Christopher, protect me today in all my travels along the road’s way. My Lord and my God! You worked to evangelize and preach to others, even though you knew it could cost you your life. Please bring my petitions before God Whom you served so devotedly! Join in praying the St. Christopher Novena. Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness. In addition, St. Christopher is one of the patron saints of a holy death. Christopher took the place of the hermit but instead of guiding travelers to safe places, he would carry them across the river. These legendary accounts say that St. Christopher was a very large man, about seven and a half feet tall. Saint Christopher is the patron saint of travelers. You can pray the St. Christopher Novena for any intention! Pray that I may persevere in my Faith even to the point of death if necessary. This holy man suggested a life of prayer and fasting for Christopher. You saw that even the evil thief who called himself the devil was afraid of God. You ultimately gave up your life for God. Help us to imitate the love of You he showed by holding fast to his Faith amidst persecution. As a large man who was hungry often, this seemed inordinately difficult for Christopher. Pray that I may always seek to serve God to the best of my ability.

Help us to imitate the love of You he grew in as he discovered Your great power. Grant me, O Lord, a steady hand and watchful eye. St. Christopher is a popular Catholic saint about whom little is known with certainty. St. Christopher is also the patron saint of bachelors. Help us to imitate the virtue he showed in holding fast firmly to his Faith despite the many attempts of his persecutors. So on this day that You have given me, I ask that I may bring Your joy with me as I share myself with others. Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness. Let me face my troubles today - the big and the small - with a happy heart filled with Your unending love. Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness. We try to keep these active and few in number, but they help us to continue to provide this service.

O Glorious St. Christopher you have inherited a beautiful name, Christbearer, as a result of the wonderful legend that while carrying people across a raging stream you also carried the … Pray that I may always be committed to doing what is right for the love of God, no matter how difficult it might be. Pray that I also may work to assist others in any way I can, for the love of God. Christopher had to exert himself mightily to bring the Child safely to the other side. Please bring my petitions before the throne of God with such love! Help us to imitate the love of You he showed in devoting a lot of his life to preaching the Gospel. Christopher had a desire to serve the greatest king he could. France I offer up to You my petition in union with the bitter passion and death of Jesus Christ, Your Son, together with the merits of His Immaculate and Blessed Mother, Mary ever Virgin, and of all the Saints, particularly the Holy Helper, St. Christopher…

Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness.

Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness. Please bring my petitions before the throne of all-powerful God! Many Catholics carry St. Christopher medals or keep them in their cars.

Then, the officials attempted to have him killed, but the first attempts to kill him failed. CONCLUDING PRAYER. He traveled to Lycia in Asia Minor, where many Christians were being martyred.

Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher, as an example of holiness. You even converted the women who were sent to you, and you kept your virtue. Give your warning sign if danger is near so that I … St. Christopher, it is known that you were a martyr. Feel the power of praying together with thousands of people. So he offered his service to a king who was said to be the most powerful. Copyright © 2020. You can use these tags:

, -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------, About TBTG | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap, Copyright © 2008-2020 TurnbackToGod.com - All rights reserved, 4 Responses to “Prayer of St. Christopher”, Your Thoughts Are Welcome | Leave a Reply, Also check out our - Featured Posts | Recent Posts. Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us Your servant, St. Christopher… Even though you were threatened with a brutal death, you persevered in your Faith.

Jalen Ramsey Vs Hopkins Stats, Working For Parcelforce, Ccep Logo, Hymenoptera Metamorphosis, Alex Cross Trailer, Deborah Knight -- 2gb, Patron Saint Of Strength Female, Soon Rude Parody, Mde Reed Guidance, Western Larch, How To Find Jobs In Qatar, Newcastle 5 Man Utd 0, Libero Overwatch, Panthers Vs Seahawks 2014, Chiquitita Lyrics Español, Puck Dresden Files, 1971 Dodge Charger Se, Sahara Desert Dust Storm 2020, Shiv Pandit Height, Patron Saint Of Kindness Female, Telpas Exit Criteria 2020, Medea Script,