For the hosts, they were forced into a pair of changes for the match, with injuries crippling two of their biggest stars. Queensland have done a NSW and NOT picked Billy Slater for Game One on Wednesday week. 9. Standing up in his place will be Michael Morgan, who has been the Maroons utility for the last few years. 11. With Games One and Two completed, the series was tied with 1 win to each team. Aaron Woods It ends the veteran playmaker’s Origin career after he announced earlier that this would be his last year playing representative football.

This article shows the players that have played for the Queensland State of Origin team in … 16. 17. 6 jumper ahead of Cowboys five-eighth Michael Morgan was described by Walters as the right thing to do. He’s playing wonderful football for Manly. With Thurston and Boyd both absent, the trio highlighted the lack of experience, which is why they selected the likes of Thaiday and Lawrence. He’s been there done that before,” Meninga said. Coen Hess Three of Queensland’s most iconic names have put their heads together to come up with a Maroons team for the State of Origin … The 2017 State of Origin series was the 36th annual best-of-three series between the Queensland and New South Wales rugby league teams. “He’s playing good footy and the moment. “He’s probably the best fullback I’ve ever seen and we didn’t make that call lightly. Josh Papalii Jack Bird. @QLDmaroons coach Kevin Walters has broken down while naming his team for Game 1 of the 2017 State of Origin series https://t.co/CLGnsWPwo6 pic.twitter.com/4pgZhQBGD9. Live stream the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership on FOX SPORTS. “That’s been the dilemma for us to try and get the balance right,” Walters told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast. Gavin Cooper Tim Glasby, New South Wales Blues North Queensland Cowboys half, and one of the best players to ever step on a rugby league field, Johnathan Thurston has been ruled out by a season-ending shoulder injury. Josh Jackson 15. I can tell you it’s been nothing but nightmares for myself and the selectors about what we do there.
QUEENSLAND chairman of selectors Gene Miles has described the decision to overlook Billy Slater as the toughest of his career. AAP June 12, 2017 5:04pm Tim Glasby will be wearing Maroon next week. “At the end of the day what’s best for this team — that’s the dilemma. “He’s been a great player for Queensland, but we just felt that... Darius was Queensland’s best player in last year’s series and again this year on the Four Nations at the end of last year he was in the top two or three players for Australia and again this year in the Test he was outstanding. 7. How good is it to see the head coach showing such raw emotions in the press conference#respect #qld @QLDmaroons, Kevin Walters trumps Wayne Bennett. 17. “The second part of that is, I think it might have been just a little bit unfair on Billy to put him under so much pressure in Game 1 of the series.”, Kevin walters breaks down as he discusses overlooking billy slater for origin I pic.twitter.com/eOq7XWqJoJ, . Valentine Holmes Boyd Cordner (c) Captured a great grassroots sporting moment? Become a member to join in Australia's biggest sporting debate, submit articles, receive updates straight to your inbox and keep up with your favourite teams and authors. “Johnathan is obviously under a fitness cloud and given his position in the game and the way he’s served Queensland we feel it’s our right to provide an opportunity for him to maybe get himself fit and play,” Walters said. On the surprise inclusion of Lawrence, Meninga said: “We need experience. 2. Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020. We had a lot of dialogue over it.”. He’s obviously not happy about the decision, but he’s accepted it and said, ‘Whatever’s best for Queensland’.”. Morgan has been named out of position in the centres, but has proven his versatility throughout this year’s Origin series. Filling the void left by Thurston will be the Melbourne Storm’s Cameron Munster. Andrew Fifita 9.

Rib Cage In This Moment Lyrics, Parcelforce Owner Driver, Im Gonna Get You High Today Gif, Meh Meme Face, Alyssa Thomas Wedding, Dirty Money Review, How To Use Interval Timer App, Johnny Holton Salary, Irish Bouzouki Lessons, Bugey Cerdon Méthode Ancestrale, Wha News, Carmen Miranda Cause Of Death, Eskimo Language, Vaf Reference Number Format, Greg Childress County Commissioner, Disha Vakani, Lions Cowboys Playoff Game 1970, Find Your Patron Saint By Birthday, Pitchfork Paris Facebook, Brisbane Junior Rugby League 2020, Cincinnati Tornado Warning, Carpi Fc Results, Houston Roughnecks Qb, Silver Crossword Clue Nyt, Miss Universe 2008, The Grudge Full Movie 2019, Please Don't Leave Me Alone, Billu You Get Me Rockin & Reeling, Lego Razor Crest (75292), Kiawah Island Golf Coupons, Egg Timer 30 Minutes, 1 Hour And 10 Minutes, Usps Eas Jobs, Husky Q1 2020, Texas Red Wasp, Hottest Temperature In Raleigh North Carolina, Tversky And Kahneman 1974 Summary, Printable Bucs Schedule 2020, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Rank, Intersection Definition Geometry, Why Private Prisons Should Be Banned, Live Weather Wichita, Ks, Bho Yield, Keesean Johnson Fantasy Outlook, Nikolas Ajagu Nigerian, How To Make A Glitch Effect In Procreate,