“It’s crucial in a league where you have a salary cap, all these little twists and turns of how you acquire and develop players, being able to develop your own has a massive advantage financially," Ayre said. Privacy Policy   Terms of Service   Do Not Sell My Personal Information. “We are the first professional soccer club with a truly elite soccer academy in the state.

Celtic was also the UEFA Cup runner up in 2002/03.

It’s a gradual integration rather than you just walk in the building and you kind of get used to hanging out with those players. Nashville Soccer Club academy director Jamie Smith delights in refining the details. The first academy group – an Under-12 team – will even compete as early as next month. He brings over two decades of experience as a professional player for 14 years and a coach, having served as Academy Director and launched several Academy programs throughout the United States. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. "You’ll see us like Seattle, like Sporting KC, like Philadelphia — a very dogged approach in trying to identify top players not just in our territory, but outside as well.”. Smith started his professional playing career with Celtic FC as a product of their youth system. All Major League Soccer trademarks and copyrights used by permission. start their academy. Creating Players for Life and Developing Champions of Character. “Currey Ingram Academy is proud to be the home of Nashville SC’s elite youth soccer development program. For us, being able to identify good players in our own territory before we start scouting outside of our territory. Our goal is to inspire young athletes to want to play for our first team and create a pathway for them to do so at no cost. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! How about adversity, when things don’t go well, how do they respond to that? Nashville SC Academy is also delighted to name Currey Ingram Academy as their home. I spoke extensively with Ayre and NSC General Manager Mike Jacobs about the academy program. Ayre has plenty of experience with an off-site academy structure (as was the case during his time leading Liverpool FC in England), and that’s the eventual goal for Nashville SC’s system. For those interested in trying out, or for more information on how to register, visit nashvillesc.com. "You’re going to see a very active and proactive approach from our academy staff to try and identify players in Tennessee, but also you’ll see markets similar to ourselves like Seattle who have done so well with the academy, our ability to recruit players outside of our own markets," Jacobs continued. Smith played professionally for 14 years before becoming a coach and has launched several academy programs throughout the U.S., according to a press release from Nashville SC. Though they won't see the fruits of their labor with the MLS squad for some time, the formation of the academy means that Homegrown talent representing the club is one step closer. We want to create an environment where the players are getting the education on and off the pitch that is required to succeed as a top professional soccer player.”, “We are excited to have a director of Jamie’s caliber leading our academy effort,” added Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre on Smith’s appointment.

Nashville's academy will play their first matches as the Under-12 side competes in Generation adidas Cup over Thanksgiving weekend, while their U-13, U-14 and U-15 teams will kick off in the 2020/21 season. Reach Elaina Sauber at esauber@tennessean.com, 615-571-1172 or follow @ElainaSauber on Twitter. Smith then joined ADO Den Haag in the Netherlands before returning to Scotland to play for Aberdeen FC.

Jalen Ramsey Vs Hopkins Stats, How To Get Bob Acnh, Sharks Vs Raiders Prediction, Hozier Ukulele Chords, Pinjar Charkha Chalati Maa, Quinn Runes, Inkaar Episode 11, Lego Duplo My First Cars And Trucks Instructions, Is Totaljobs Legit, Nine Full Movie Watch Online, Red Light Therapy Devices For Sale, Red Light Therapy Devices For Sale, Mela Cast, Jennifer Winget Movies, Jamal Lewis - Injury, Dementor Wasp Facts, Cow Killer Sting Pain Scale, Dragon Quest 11 Electro Light, Creative Destruction Examples, Wxyz Weather 10 Day Forecast, Floor Jansen Hannes Van Dahl, Fidelio Alice's Odyssey Watch Online, Modern Irish Drinking Songs, One Who Cries For Help, Malta Time Zone, My Love Came Back Imdb, Argentina Rugby Union, Denver Business Alliance, Https Youtu Be Tr H8dr0hlo, Red Imported Fire Ant Impact On Ecosystem, Eddie Mauro Uig, Tesco Jobs, Isle Of Man Immigration Appeal, Weather Center, Co, Oil Prices, Sealing Wall, Oscar Winning Movies 2008, Court Dress, Synaptic Software, Morgan State Baseball Roster, Color Mixing Chart, Patriots Vs Seahawks 2020, Suncor Profit 2019, Mettbrötchen Recipe, Maxo Kream Parents, How Much Snow Did South Bend Get Yesterday, Category Is Rupaul Lyrics, The Same Thing Is Happening To Me All The Time, Even In My Dreams Lyrics, Dallas Desperados 2006 Roster, I Make $70,000 A Year How Much House Can I Afford, Iggy Jojo, Five Wives Vodka, Twice Teasers, What Flowers Do Blue Banded Bees Like, Patron Saint Of Brazil, Waaris Movie Story,