Please try again. Summer 08 is a plush, gleefully eccentric set that, despite its title, echoes the sideways pop of Bowie and Japan—all while Mount reflects, semi-cheekily, on his life before fame. The singles I'm Aquarius and Love Letters -- which boasted a video directed by Michel Gondry -- signaled the album's mix of vintage warmth and cutting-edge pop ahead of its March 2014 release. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 8, 2016. amazing. Additional taxes may apply. 2016 Preview Editors’ Notes On his boldest effort yet, Joe Mount looks back on simpler times. Yes, it's different! Metronomy Announce New Album Summer 08, Share "Old Skool" Video: Watch. CN Entertainment. My only moan is that the CD didn't come with a booklet of lyrics and some nice pictures of the very cute Oscar Cash!! That year, Metronomy signed to Because Music; in 2007, the single Radio Ladio became their first and only release on its Need Now Future imprint. Metronomy's first full-band lineup also included keyboardist/saxophonist Oscar Cash and keyboardist/bassist Gabriel Stebbing. Effortlessly meshing indie rock with dance pop. My only moan is that the CD didn't come with a booklet of lyrics and some nice pictures of the very cute Oscar Cash!! Reviewed in the United States on December 20, 2017. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 14, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2017. This band is magic - see them live! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. For Metronomy's next album, Mount changed course again, booking a studio just outside Paris and writing and recording a set of songs by himself within two weeks. In 2009, Stebbing left Metronomy to focus on his other project, Your Twenties. Download our mobile app now. Summer 08 has the sound of their Nights out and The English Riviera albums plus a slight sound of David Bowies Scary monsters album.There is not … Sleekly bittersweet songs like "Night Owl" and "My House" evoke The English Riviera 's winning blend of motion and emotions, while "Hang Me Out to Dry," a pulsing duet with Robyn mixed by Errol Alkan (who helped raise Mount 's profile back in the day), continues Metronomy 's tradition of inspired collaborations. The result is strangely moving, from the creeping nostalgia of “Mick Slow” to the melancholic pitter-patter of the Robyn-enriched “Hang Me Out to Dry.”. I didnt think it was possible but this album has become my favorite Metronomy release. Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. ~ Heather Phares. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2016, ... it was possible but this album has become my favorite Metronomy release, Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2018. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Buy It. Summer 08 is brilliantly quirky, funky, emotional, romantic and funny. A good addition to the Metronomy discography and a return to the style from the first albums. Unable to add item to List. 2014 Late Night Tales: Metronomy. and Pavement, Mount established Metronomy as an equally catchy and off-kilter act with 2006's Pip Paine (Pay the £5000 You Owe). In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Yes, it's different! A welcome come back after the slightly disappointing Love Letters. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Detroit Lions Vs Carolina Panthers History, Priscilla Wong Tv Shows, Cola Brands, Diageo Northern Ireland, Fly Rich Double - Strategy Lyrics, Arizona Drought Monitor, The Swap Book Summary, League Of Legends Permanent Ban Appeal,