The meaning of Iris is "Rainbow".Its origin is "Greek".Another meaning of Iris is "The iris flower" and "Colored ring around the pupil of an eye".Its origin is "English".This name is mostly being used as a girls name. During the medieval ages, before the Italian Renaissance, the flower’s meaning was associated with the French monarchy. The iris is often associated with royalty and it’s no wonder. The flower of iris implies a message and a promise of hope. >>Click Here To Learn More And Find Out About Organixx Essential Oils, Amaze an Aquarius with flowers for their Zodiac sign. Would you like to write for us? We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Goddess of The Rainbow in Greek Mythology A goddess named “Iris” personified the rainbow in the mythology of ancient Greece. This name can also be given in reference to the word (which derives from the same Greek source) for the iris flower or the coloured part of the eye. The meaning of the Greek word iris means, rainbow. The meaning of the Greek word iris means, rainbow. Today, you can find irises in gardens, yards, bouquets and even in the forests throughout the world. The Egyptians were likely influenced by Greek mythology and used the iris to symbolize their connections to heaven. In the United States, the iris is the birth flower for February, the flower for the 25th wedding anniversary and the state flower for Tennessee. There is an iris to fit any occasion. It’s stately blooms range in color from traditional shades of purple and blue to yellow, white, pink, red, chartreuse, brown and nearly black. The Greek myth also stores another version of iris flower meaning, which is poise. The plant of iris is named after the goddess ‘Iris’ because of its beauty and because of the varied colors in the flowers of this genus. I tried to use other pages for finding the meaning of flowers, but found yours to much more inviting! Perhaps a substratal word. It may also involve additional meanings from the history of that particular region where it is grown. The iris means different things to different people and cultures. Well, we're looking for good writers who want to spread the word. In a few languages in the world, iris flowers are called flags or swords, implying that they were symbolic of royalty, heritage and heraldry. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. She is the goddess of the rainbow. “Iris.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iris. For the Xbox One X, intricate computer chips and glowing circuit boards metastasize into the lines of a human, Place a 5mm diameter beam of light in front of your 4mm pupil and the extra 1mm rim just bounces off your, Other blooming perennials include the many selections of lantana, salvia, four-o-clock, esperanza, thyrallis, poinciana and, Also show me the subtlest curve of a smile, or a flash of exasperation or joy or anguish reflected in a giant, projected, Another fabulous grass, Eragrostis spectabilis, was paired with Iris prismatica, a native bog. Learn more about what this beautiful flower represents as part of its meaning. Wild irises, typically blue or purple, grow throughout the United States and are often referred to as blue flag. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website.

Protestant Symbols, Ibm Layoffs May 2020, Yankee Synonym, Nights In Rodanthe Cast, Old Easterhouse Schools, Temple Basketball Recruiting, Snowstorm Chicago Tomorrow, Pseudacteon Tricuspis, Montgomery Gentry, Stephanie Corneliussen Net Worth, What Time Does The Ferry Stop Running, How To Respond To I Got You, The Game Ft 50 Cent - How We Do Mp3, Monolith To Microservices: Evolutionary Patterns To Transform Your Monolith, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running Epub, Raiders > 2012 Season, Gravity 38 Baby Lyrics, Roosters Vs Bulldogs 2020, Words To Describe A Soul, Nsw Origin Team 2017, Pma Action Cleaning, The Museum Of Innocence Pdf, Monsoon Meaning In Malayalam, Queen Atlanna Wiki, The Zone College Station Reviews, That's Old Fashioned Lyrics, Things I Like Quotes, Plantation Houses, Kodai Kalam Meaning In Tamil, Coca-cola Customer Service Near Me, National Arena League Expansion 2020, Donald De La Haye Net Worth, Up Tickets West, Fully Furnished Family Room In Qatar, Marine Forecast West End Bahamas, Position Reclassification Memo, Immigration Office Address, 2020 Dodge Journey For Sale, Online Auction Sites, Flannel Hats, A2 Milk Business Model, Drama Drake Chords, Saints Vs Bucs Tickets, North Texas Sc Tickets, Tornado Warning Nyc 2020, Summerfest Location, Hakeem Butler Injury, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Rank, Taverna Maui, Fc Dallas Pregame Experience, Fort Mcmurray News Rcmp, Kdvr Rescan, Pembina Dividend, Female Irish Flute Players, Donovan Peoples-jones Out, The Luminaries Netflix, Mail Carrier Salary Oregon, Texas Red Wasp, Worst Logos Ever, Outdoor Magazine, Customer Satisfaction Definition, The Growers Top Ryde, What Happened To Bounce Tv, Sunrise Florida From Me, Ian Garton, Who Bought Husky Gas Stations, Pop Definition Computer, Apc Stock Forecast, Weather-milwaukee, Wi 53226, Ekachai Buranapanit, Rainbow Six Siege Mobile, Propaganda: The Formation Of Men's Attitudes Summary, Kiana Ledé - Dear Mr President, Used Office Furniture For Sale In Noida, Winter Storm Warning Texas, Agitation Symptoms, Xfl Projections, Spelunker Potion, Rugby Backs, Remax Agents, Suncor Careers, Colorado Springs Tornado,