ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Butler was a star at Iowa State but wasn’t healthy enough to make an impact as a rookie. A player must be on the 53-man roster in Week One to be eligible to return later in the season from IR. Wide receiver Hakeem Butler has been placed on injured reserve. Nobody’s coming off the street and replacing Courtland Sutton, but Butler is a worthwhile shot at the dart board. Butler said he's excited to play with both Fitz and DeAndre Hopkins. ", As for Fitz, "that's the OG," Butler said. That changed this week when he appeared on "The Last Word With March" podcast and spoke about his injury and lost rookie year. And Butler only started converting to tight end a … Because of the injury -- a nasty avulsion fracture -- Butler was placed on injured reserve during the preseason, preventing him from returning at any point during the year. Butler was injured against the Raiders, when he went into a game on special teams on the kickoff return team. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images). Source: #Broncos WR Courtland Sutton tore his ACL.

azcardinals.com One of the bigger question marks going into this season is 2019 fourth-round wide receiver Hakeem Butler, who missed all of his rookie season after injuring his finger in a preseason game. Butler is a shade under 6-foot-6, 219 pounds, and in his final two seasons at Iowa State, he caught 101 passes with 16 touchdowns among them.

The Cardinals revamped their wide receiver room in 2020 and Butler was lost in the shuffle. Butler reportedly missed … 🗣 @KingCrab15 pic.twitter.com/w6UFNqVJ35. The man is special. Build your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on Denver Broncos and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more. The Broncos will more likely promote one of Fred Brown or Trinity Benson from their practice squad because they can play special teams and know the offense already, but the Broncos should be in full talent evaluation mode at this stage and a player like Butler is too talented to not consider with Courtland Sutton out for 2020. "I'm just trying to see the field. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Butler rehabbed faithfully during the year, and attended meetings. Shaw's situation means the Cardinals seem more likely to keep their two rookie safeties taken in the fifth round of both the regular and supplemental drafts – Deionte Thompson and Jalen Thompson. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. One of the notable cuts the Arizona Cardinals made last week was not even on final cutdown day on Saturday. I learned a lot, being in there every day, learning from Larry (Fitzgerald) and everybody else.". The Denver Broncos used three selections in the 2020 NFL Draft on the wide receiver position, and all of those guys not only made the team but are now going to have to play expanded roles for the 2020 season than originally anticipated. © 2020 ARIZONA CARDINALS.

"I've never been hurt in my entire career," Butler said. He’s here and ready to get to work. Powered by Minute Media © 2020 All Rights Reserved. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. "The way he works every day and the way he carries himself, that's why he's been in the league so long. It has been reported by multiple major media outlets that star wide receiver Courtland Sutton is going to miss the entire 2020 season with a torn ACL he suffered against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Well, Butler wasn’t Dorian Johnson, but he also was never able to crack the wide receiver rotation with the Cardinals. "The hardest thing was rehabbing and sitting out as a whole," Butler said. On the podcast, Butler also talked about the unique story of his upbringing, but is clearly anxious to finally get back on the field. When I knocked him over, my finger went with him.". That also prevented any on-field practice. The Cardinals placed Butler on injured reserve Sunday with his hand injury, and because they did so during the preseason, Butler is ineligible to be one of the two allowed players to return from IR this season. He's Larry Legend for a reason.". The Denver Broncos’ 0 … The Cards also put safety Josh Shaw, who hurt his shoulder in the preseason opener against the Chargers, on injured reserve. The Denver Broncos could look elsewhere for upside. I get in there, and I go to block a dude, and I kill him -- it was like a kill shot, it was clean, I hit him on the shoulder -- but I got my hands in there and my finger got caught in his jersey.

Butler said he was excited just to be getting on the field.
The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. There was rumor after Butler went on injured reserve last offseason that it saved him and the Arizona Cardinals the embarrassment of cutting a fourth round pick out of training camp for the second time in five seasons. I just felt like a little kid and your mom is like, 'You can't go outside today.' The Cardinals released 2019 fourth-round pick, receiver Hakeem Butler… The Denver Broncos’ 0-2 start to the 2020 season went from bad to worse to miserable on Monday morning. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. It was like a redshirt year for me. Quarterback Drew Lock is also going to miss at least two games before his shoulder injury is re-evaluated.

Eagles signed TE Hakeem Butler off the Panthers' practice squad. — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 21, 2020. Holland had just been claimed off waivers two weeks ago from Denver. With the addition of Crabtree and the emergence of fellow rookie KeeSean Johnson, the Cardinals figure to have solidified their top five receivers in Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Crabtree, Johnson and probably Trent Sherfield, with Damiere Byrd making a push as well.

Coastal Conservation Association Jobs, Nike Junior Football, Main Solah Baras Ki (1998 Mp3), Operations Management Of Coca Cola Ppt, I Will Be There Odessa, Washed Up Hollywood 2020 Net Worth, Isle Of Wight Zoo History, Distance From Sunrise Fl To Orlando Fl, Headband Song, You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine Michael Buble, Anjali Anand Uchicago, Prayer For The Impossible Request, Northern Premier League 2020/21, Wheeljack Car, Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye 2009, Best Sports Books, Barn Conversions For Sale In Dorset And Hampshire, Daniel Saifiti Origin, Alaska Airlines Arena Seating Chart Seattle Storm, Lmn Movie Girl Fight, Sunchaser Mtg, A Jury Of Her Peers Themes, Baltimore Clipper Model, Money Abbreviations, Zealously Meaning In Malayalam, Premier Inn Isle Of Wight Sandown (seafront) Hotel Sandown, Milwaukee Radar, Daniel Lanois That's The Way It Is, Daycare Research, Mild Winter 2020, Won T You Be My Neighbor Digital, May Patron Saints, Plains Pipeline Maps, United Airlines Tracking, Ofc Nations Cup 2020 Qualifiers, How To Pronounce Severe, Laricina Energy Cnrl, Meek Mill First Mixtape, Ovintiv Login, Where Is The Trident In Fortnite, Expensive Taste Test, Medea Translation, Dallas Cowboys Depth Chart 2019, Giants Record Prediction 2020, Seahawks Vs Chargers 2014, Carlos Watkins College Stats, Playboi Carti Gamertag, Bucs 2008 Schedule, Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life Lyrics, Trumpet Fanfare, Did The New Orleans Saints Kneel Today, Best Overdrive Pedal 2020, Uk Student Visa Financial Requirements, Miss Universe 2000 Priyanka Chopra, Knox Grammar Rugby, Seven Generations Careers, Brenda Pronunciation, Dodge Durango 2019, St Louis Cardinals (football), Miami Weather Hourly Radar, Josh Harvey-clemons Opt Out, Linked: The New Science Of Networks Pdf, Ann Arbor Snowfall 2020, Winters In Virginia Beach, Scotiabank Subsidiaries, Mobile Homes For Rent In Smithfield, Va, Iowa Storms Last Night, Boy Acronym Meaning, Average Temperature In Washington State In July, 95610 Zip Code, Mll Player Salary, Customer Satisfaction Pdf, Ultra Modern House, Cnq Hedging, Colorado Wolf And Wildlife Center Jobs, Deandre Hopkins Trade Details, Baltimore Hockey Team Nhl, Metal Studwork Prices, Hazel Irvine Measurements, Cabaret Style Dining, Don't Bother Doing, Chiquitita Tabs, I Was Born To Make You Happy Lyrics, Ksl Tv Schedule, Return To Neverland I'll Try, Precious Love Remix, Dallas Tornado History, 2015 Chrysler 200 Review, Youtube Annual Reports, Calexico Pd, Red And Yellow Paper Wasp, Ministry Of Environment Saskatchewan Directory, Unfailing Prayer To St Anthony, Pokémon Wally Dies, Tulsa Weather,