Hrm, my impression of this was that the "Merlin of the White Council" was the leader of the High Council, and while this coincides with 'most powerful wizard' often, it doesn't necessarily happen automatically. Also take a look at /u/SunflashJT 's comment about when Rome left Britain, to potentially give some context for when Merlin was messing around with Arthur. Rashid appears to be Muslim (based on his "beard of the prophet" exclamation). George RR Martin has nothing on Jim when it comes to mistreating fan favorite characters. In Turn Coat it is implied that Rashid had some sort of a tiff with Demonreach, due to which it "holds a grudge". Reddit's Home for the Dresden Files book series by Jim Butcher. User account menu. Maybe Rashid is all he has. After all, as Harry said, keeping secrets is "like a drug" to wizards. I'd imagine being a Gatekeeper could be a title given to ANY Wizard who dedicates themselves to the task.. he's just the only one who's done so. So with our knowledge (thanks to our Roman scholar /u/SunflashJT ) that Rome fully left Britain in the early 400's.... then it's still possible for him to have been a contemporary of OG Merlin. Totally disproven with newer books/re-read, but I thought that would have been a cool twist. Then in March of 1985, it was … I don’t think there will be a gate to keep when it is all said and done. It's my understanding that all of the Senior Council members (and indeed most powerful wizards) get powerups similar to Harry and Demonreach or Winter Knight. Why is this cycle any different from the others? I think he'll be the next Black Staff personally. ", "The outer gates were under fire, and it wasn't my fault.". Toe to toe with Demonreach? So we can speculate that Harry is now in the position to play a major part in that and possibly take over as Gatekeep from Rashid. In my mind that means he likely does not predate Muhammad by much. Press J to jump to the feed. To add to that - WoJ someplace is that Alfred's limp is left over from the glaciers. r/dresdenfiles. He mentioned to Dresden that "not many get out here, even with help" when Harry visited the outer gates. ), maybe it was how, as gatekeeper, he is in contact with Nemesis the most of all wizards, (and the Black council is clearly a tool of Nemisis. Difficulty: Average. As in there is always a gatekeeper and when the current one dies the White Council delegates a Wizard to become the next one. I don't think Dresden's going to enjoy it either. and 1000 years of life and gatekeeping, mean he's had plenty of time to be N-fected. "The Outer Gates were on fire, and it wasn't my fault. Close. Last cycle he was Harry Dresden, he didn't enjoy it very much. What if the reason Demonreach holds a grudge against Rushid is that he did something to OG Merlin? This quiz will have questions which cover the first 9 novels in the series. According to the Wiki, The first season was aired on Sunday nights. And Rashid, if he'd wanted to kill Harry, would have killed Harry. That seems more Jim's speed to me. Most likely, not even the Merlin knows what exact avenues each wizard used to get these powers. was on the original Council, when it was first formed? log in sign up. Muhammad was.... 500's AD? Of course if he's over 1200 he might well not. Close. Sorry but when did we find out he killed the “Mad Arab”? (besides the obvious real-world explanation) What will set Harry apart from every other Starborn that came before him? u/2_inch_penis. Harry is 25, according to Jim, and he's been wizarding professionally for two years. It's possible that he'd been around for hundreds of Earth-years and then decided to convert to a new religion.... but unlikely. log in sign up. Please help I want to know more. McCoy has his "Blackstaff" and Rashid has his eye and Listens To Wind got his shapeshifting through something more than just practice and talent. It would make for an excellent side story or plot story if JB delved into his past. <3; Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 11:31:27 PM » Series (After Storm Front) 0 ASF, March: Storm Front. Also, in my own little tin foil world Rashid is Harry's Great Great Grandpa. Gatekeeper Earliest Known Appearance. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. What if Rashid (sp?) I have no clue what’s going on here. Any theories as to how he came to be the gatekeeper or his role in the future books? Feel free to discuss the books, television series, comic books, RPG, and other works by Jim Butcher (such as Codex Alera and Cinder Spires, et al.). The Gatekeeper; Seriously? For those who don't know, "The Mad Arab" refers to H.P. I ont know why, but i've always been of the opinion that Rashid is black council. It's from several "WOJ's" if I remember correctly. Here's what I think is gonna happen. There's always some powerup. I think Harry mentioned the OG Merlin saving books from the burning of Alexandria, of which there were several but the most famous was contemporary with Cesar placing his first exploits possibly much earlier Than 6th century. Reddit's Home for the Dresden Files book series by Jim Butcher. From my understanding, the Arthurian legends are actually supposed to take place around the 12th century, making it easy for him to have been there. All the other wizards are titled by their surnames: "Wizard Dresden" etc. Average score for this quiz is 15 / 20. ... Harry gets a closer look at the Gatekeeper in Turn Coat establishing that he has a horrible burn down the side of his face, and a metallic eye that apparently can see a person's future. The tree whose roots reach down into the Crystal Containment Chambers?) New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the dresdenfiles community. That's a good catch - and it puts, like you said, an upper limit on his "age". However, when the year changed from 1982 to 1983, it was moved from Friday's to Sundays. One question keeps popping up in my head. r/dresdenfiles: Reddit's Home for the Dresden Files book series by Jim Butcher. Wrote my college thesis on the fall of the Roman Empire and its consequences. But when he's not being called The Gatekeeper he is formally referred to as "Wizard Rashid". Also, in my own little tin foil world Rashid is Harry's Great Great Grandpa. Feel free to discuss the books, television series, comic books, RPG … Press J to jump to the feed. Posts: 12791; Icon by Daoine! Posts: 12791; Icon by Daoine! The cycle he's referring to seems the be (from this and other WOJ) an apocalyptic cycle where every thousand-ish years an apocalypse is prevented, and there is a changing of the guard at the Outer Gates. EDIT: Everybody take a look at /u/knnn 's comment below. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Really, probably not far after, because a king who unites Britain would have had to arise pretty soon after Rome's protection left, or else invaders would have just taken over.). The Gatekeeper; Seriously? Jim has said that Rashid was the last guy to be in Harry's place: The Gatekeeper was the last guy to do what Dresden's doing and I'll tell you more of that as we go into the trilogy.

Famous Rock Festivals, Saint Bernard Lyrics Genius, Bad Blood Season 2 Episode 4 Recap, Bath Blues Festival 1970, Comfort Zone Meaning In Bengali, As Long As Sentences Grammar, Hourly Precipitation Data,