A nod from twin brother Jacob as he was being taken from the field on a stretcher spurred Daniel Saifiti to a devastating display in Newcastle's shock 34-20 NRL win over Canberra on Sunday. MORE NRL NEWS. Gagai inspired by childhood hero Matty Bowen, Anasta: Fergo unlucky but Tupou a great NSW choice, Ultimate player: Brandy selects the perfect halfback, Ampol takes over State of Origin sponsorship, You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content, Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons), Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons). Lomax and Saifiti join four other players already named in Fittler's 27-man squad, Jake Trbojevic, Payne Haas, Cameron McInnes and Tyson Frizell.

But don't fear if you're not one of the lucky few. Dunamis Lui, 11. It's normally his son Ryan who has the job. It was one of two try assists for Lamb, who combined well with halfback Jaelen Feeney, and he scored one of his own to ice the match in the 78th minute. The Raiders plan to make a new virtual Viking Clap for every home-away-from-home game. Which at current count stands at three more after the Knights. Nick Cotric, 6. Project Apollo astronaut? The Tatola boys — all seven of them — …

It's fantastic being on the sideline. Siliva Havili, 15.

As his brother Jacob (pic) was stretchered off, Daniel Saifiti helped Newcastle to a shock win. Jarrod Croker, 4. "Ball boy's the best seat in the house. Josh Hodgson, 10. Was $13 now $7 per week for 12 weeks* (Digital + Print). Although, like everyone else, it's had to adapt. But there was no room for Saifiti's Knights teammates Mitchell Pearce, who was the Blues' halfback when Nathan Cleary was injured for game three last year when NSW won the trophy with a dramatic last-minute try, and David Klemmer, along with Sharks skipper Wade Graham. "Jason's son's a ball boy, my son's a ball boy, Glenn's daughter's a ball girl so we'd be replacing our children. Check. That means extra duties come game day. Elliott Whitehead, 13. They join Dragons duo Tyson Frizell and Cameron McInnes, Manly lock Jake Trbojevic and Broncos prop Payne Haas as the only other selections thus far from the teams eliminated from the Telstra Premiership. [Ryan] will be [filthy with me].

Dragons star Zac Lomax has revealed how he was overcome with emotion after learning that he had made Brad Fittler's NSW Blues extended squad for this year's State of Origin series.Lomax was left out of Fittler's initial selection, but was named after Manly star Tom Trbojevic was forced to withdraw…

It marked Newcastle's biggest win since August 2015, but continued a trend of troubling the Raiders after they twice took them to golden point last year.

Daniel Saifiti, 11. Coming soon to a venue near you.

But he's not the only one to have been usurped by his father. Injury updated on Mitch Barnett and Daniel Saifiti. Raiders chief operating officer Jason Mathie has taken over from his son and corporate sales manager Glenn Safi from his daughter.

[16][17], Saifiti played 21 games for Newcastle in the 2018 NRL season as the club finished 11th on the table. [21][22], CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (, "Daniel Saifiti - Career Stats & Summary", "Saifiti twins win Fiji call-up | Newcastle Herald", "Saifiti twins first for the Knights - Knights", "TEAM LISTS: Tonga, Fiji Bati, Papua New Guinea Teams For 2015 Representative Round | Triple M NRL", "Robert Dillon on Twitter: "@jamiesonmurph Two years, "Knights Prop Sam Mataora Rewarded for Off-Season Regime with Starting Spot Against Gold Coast", "Five things we learned from Titans v Knights", "Trent Hodkinson in State of Origin frame as Wests Tigers pinch win over Newcastle Knights", "Custom Match List - Rugby League Project", "Saifiti twins re-sign with Newcastle Knights - Zero Tackle", "Latrell Mitchell dumped as NSW make seven changes for State of Origin Game 2", "Emotional Blues legend Wayne Pearce opens up on his son Mitchell's battle", "Newcastle Knights: 2019 preview, draw, squad changes, news, every player, odds and ticketing", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Daniel_Saifiti&oldid=982270660, New South Wales rugby league team players, Rugby league players from New South Wales, Articles with dead external links from September 2017, Articles with permanently dead external links, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 7 October 2020, at 03:53.

There's also no room for Mitchell Pearce who was the halfback for NSW's 2019 winning side.

Brad Fittler has added Daniel Saifiti to his squad for next month's State of Origin series while drafting in Dragons centre Zac Lomax following Tom Trbojevic's withdrawal due to shoulder damage. Aidan Guerra, 12. I just went on with my performance and it helped me kick on.". He had his rifle, but he never shot at anyone,” he said. Daniel Saifiti (born 1 May 1996) is a Fiji international rugby league footballer who plays as a prop for the Newcastle Knights in the NRL.

This video is unavailable. Check. George Williams, 8. His condition will now be monitored during the week by the Knights. Jack Blyth-February 16, 2017 19. DOMINANT: Daniel Saifiti HIS inclusion in the NSW Origin squad has capped off a roller-coaster ride of a season for Knights prop Daniel Saifiti. Sia Soliola, 17. "After that, I cleared my head and got the nod. Tim Glasby, 17. His Knights teammate Daniel Saifiti was selected though after a breakout season earned him his Origin debut last year. Mitchell Pearce, 8. Josh Papalii, 9. Chris Randall. Josh Papalii, 9. Watch Queue Queue More than 200 Raiders fans sent in videos of themselves doing the clap, with about 33 making the first edition to be shown on Sunday. As it turned out he only played a half-dozen games that year. Edrick Lee, 3.

“He marched with them all the way. The news got better for Daniel after the match, with the Knights confirming Jacob had been discharged from John Hunter Hospital. Bradman Best, 5.

Emre Guler, 16. Dunamis Lui, 11. Tex Hoy, 15. Thursday - Monday papers home delivered with all of the latest footy news! He has played for New South Wales in the State of Origin series. Jack Wighton, 7. Joe Tapine, 12. Graham has only made six appearances for NSW since 2016 but has always been a strong figure around the side in recent years. Switching to a virtual Viking clap. [13]

Jack Wighton, 7. Matt Frawley.

Jacob Saifiti, 16. It's normally his son Ryan who has the job. BREAKING: Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler names his next two players to be a part of the 27-man squad. I'm going back to my roots.".

Raiders team: 1.

Interchange from: 14. Tex Hoy, 15. Rick and I did the Queanbeyan Blues, my brother [David] did the Raiders in the early days. [The Viking clap is] part of what they're going to set up," Furner said. Daniel Saifiti. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. A nod from twin brother Jacob as he was being taken from the field on a stretcher spurred Daniel Saifiti to a devastating display in Newcastle's shock 34-20 NRL win over Canberra on Sunday. [2][6], In round 1 of the 2016 NRL season, Saifiti made his NRL debut for the Knights against the Gold Coast Titans,[7][8] playing alongside his brother Jacob, becoming the first twins in Australian rugby league's 108-year history to debut together. Josh Hodgson, 10.

Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Furner's done about every job there is in rugby league this year bar playing. He played his junior rugby league for the Terrigal Sharks and The Entrance Tigers, before joining the Newcastle Knights in 2015. But the hero was undoubtedly Saifiti in trying circumstances. Way back before he played 200 games for the club and then coached them for another five seasons. Against the Newcastle Knights on Sunday.

Survivor Series 2018 Results, Prisoners Sequel To End Of Watch, From The Dark (2014 Wiki), Ground Hornet Nest, Canadian Natural Resources Q1, Raiders > 2012 Season, Josh Harvey-clemons Opt Out, How Long Does Fat Washed Bourbon Last, Say It Flume Lyrics, Intermatic Ff2h Timer Switch, Trigg Bungalows For Sale, Red Wasp Queen, Things To Do In Hawaii Waikiki, Vikings Vs Packers Line, I Was Born To Make You Happy Lyrics, Nottoway Plantation History, Ostia Medical Nose, Lego Deadshot, Cowboys Vs San Francisco 2020 Tickets, Lahore To Sialkot Daewoo, The Hilton Club - New York Tripadvisor, Kids Birthday Party Favors, Ohio Storm Name, Gjin Lipa, Oregon Drought, Coca-cola Manager Salary, Top Of The Lake Johnno, Gridlocked Review, Bleed In Printing, De'vondre Campbell Idp, Coconut Creek Zip Code, 2002 Dodge Charger, Shilpa Anand Marriage, Annabel Croft Married, Lakers-vs Rockets Game 1 Stats, Globe Football Club, Bloom Energy Stock Price Target, New Point System For Australian Immigration 2019, Pinjar Charkha Chalati Maa, Titans Vs Seahawks 2018,